TRAI has conducted Audit and Assessment of Qualityof Service being provided by the service providers through independent agencies for Cellular Mobile Telephone Services, Basic Services and Broadband Services.
The audit and assessment of Quality of Service for the period October to December 2014 was carried out in respect of Cellular Mobile Services, Basic services and Broadband services in following Service areas.
Cellular Mobile Services:- AP, Assam; Bihar & Jharkhand, Delhi,Gujarat,Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, J&K, Karnataka, Kerala, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh & Chattisgarh, Mumbai, North East, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan,Tamil Nadu, UP(East), UP(West) and West Bengal Service areas.
Basic Service:- Mumbai, West Bengal, Kolkata and Bihar & Jharkhand
Broadband Service:- Mumbai, West Bengal, Kolkata and Bihar & Jharkhand
The following activities were carried out by the audit agencies during the audit process.
- Verification of the data submitted by the service providers to TRAI as part of QoS monitoring reports
- Verification of the performance of service providers against the Qualityof Service benchmarks laid down by TRAI using live measurement for 3 days
- Verification of the performance of service providers against the Quality of Service benchmarks lay down by TRAI using the data for the entire month.
- Operator assisted Drive tests of the mobile networks.
- Live testing of the efficiency of the call center / customer care help line of Telecom Service providers.
The detailed Report on Quality of Service Audit conducted during the period October to December 2014 is available at TRAI website www.trai.gov.in