Doordarshan, has tied-up with National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) to share and disseminate its archival content in the form of educational DVDs.
The novel project of NCERT aims at bringing forth a ‘Teachers Handbook in Dance, Music and Theatre’, which will be supported by multi-media packages and DVDs.
The MOU was signed by Anita Sinha, ADG, DD Archives and Sudeshna Sen, Secretary, NCERT on 21.04.2015 at 11 am in Doordarshan Bhawan.
The highlights of the partnership between Doordarshan and NCERT are as follows:-
- NCERT will identify and access the programmes available with DD-Archives.
- Doordarshan will not charge NCERT for the programme content made available for the project.
- Doordarshan will repurpose, repackage and produce the identified programmes by NCERT and the payment for these services will be made by NCERT to Doordarshan.
- NCERT will disseminate the final content at its own cost and not commercially exploit the same.
- The MOU will initially be for a period of three years and could be extended by mutual consent.
The initial phase of the project would cover: Theatres of India, National symbols of India, Indian Classical Music (Vocal& Instrumental) and Folk music and Dance.