Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Agriculture-focused channel Green TV to launch by September end

Even as the government continues to work out the details of its proposed television channel for agriculture, Mumbai-based ad film production company Nomad Films has gone ahead to start a channel targeted at rural audiences. 
A brainchild of the company’s managing director Junaid Memon, Green TV started testing signals on 15 August. The official launch of the channel will take place towards the end of September, informed Memon. 
The free-to-air channel will have Hindi and Tamil feed. “Initially, we will have only Hindi feed, but after three months of launch we plan to start Tamil feed as well,” he disclosed. 
The channel will provide programming on agriculture-related topics including biotechnology, farm mechanisation, crop protection, horticulture, animal husbandry and food processing. 
“The main objective of the channel is to provide a wholesome package of news and information about agriculture and allied sectors which can make the lives of rural folks better,” said Memon. 
Though the company had received the licence for the channel early this year, the work on it had been going on for more than three years. 
The channel will have six hours of original programming a day. About 80 per cent of the content will be produced in-house while the remaining 20 per cent will be outsourced. 
Source: Televisionpost, 25 August
Source: http://cablequest.org/news/channel-launch/item/5774-agriculture-focused-channel-green-tv-to-launch-by-september-end.html
Source: http://cablequest.org/news/channel-launch/item/5774-agriculture-focused-channel-green-tv-to-launch-by-september-end.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aadhaar leak: EPFO discontinues services provided through Common Service Centre

Following fear of Aadhaar data leak, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on May 2 said it has discontinued services provided t...