The salient features of the recommendations are:
- The definition of platform service and the content that can be carried on these channels.
- Establishment of an online system by MIB to register all the platform services being offered. Registration is to be on the basis of a simple set of information and at a nominal registration fee of Rs. 1000 per channel.
- Prior clearance from the district authorities of any local information; local affairs bulletins that may be transmitted is required;
- DPO's desirous of providing platform services must be incorporated as a company under the Indian Companies Act, 2013.
- Limitation on the number of such channels that a DPO may offer to a subscriber have been prescribed.
- A time of 12 months have been prescribed for the DPOs to comply with the guidelines to be issued by MIB, in this regard.